Linggo, Disyembre 7, 2014

Journal 15: Service Learning Journal Part IV - Christmas Party with Children of Dela Paz

Its really hard for me leaving them that day for I know it would take time for me to go back and see them again. I felt the sincerity and love from the hugs and laughter.



The first time we went there, we notice they only have chairs. No blackboard, no tables, no materials, their facilitator only speaks in front and yet this kids listen knowing that theyll learn after each session. They werent even any food, so we took the initiative to make the kids happy. We provided snacks for them on the first few weeks, we are also planning to get them connected to local restaurants/malls that can be a possible sponsor of their food every session in the future.

Our original plan is only to create a page for them and build awareness that such community exists in Binan. However, through the service learning activities held by our team. These children slowly became a family to us so we all decided to donate and pledge small amount of money for the christmas party and bring tables for them. I personally pledge the money me and my boyfriend  were supposed to spend for our monthly dinner. There were no regrets about it... I never imagined a small amount of money I only spent for dinner would create this smiles.

Rest assured, I will continue to support and promote this community. Im no longer thinking of the grades I will received. The feeling of being able to help other goes beyond my responsibility as a student

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento