Biyernes, Oktubre 3, 2014

Journal 3: Balancing Life and Career




"When in doubt, ask yourself this: What would be a really happy person do?  Then do that. " 
"You know you've found your calling, when you would rather do it and fail, than not do it." 
"Do not work harder, work happier." 
"If you slave away every day at a job you hate and come home drained and frustrated, what is that teaching your kids?" 
"The path to happiness at work starts with a simple decision: You must want to be happy.  If you do not commit to being happy at work, you will be.  You will not make the choices that make you happy.  You will not take the actions needed to get there.  You will not change the things that need to change. " 
- Alexander Kjerulf, Happy Hour is 9 to 5

What is Work Life Balance?
According to Wiki Work-life balance is a concept including proper prioritizing between "work" (career and ambition) and "lifestyle" (Health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development / meditation).  Related, though broader, terms include "lifestyle balance calm "and" lifestyle choices ".

In our class discussion, we talked about an integration matrix and here's how it looks like:


The Work, Leisure, and Integration Matrix


So where am I on this matrix?  I guess in terms of work I am already in the career stage.  Since my company had a very good culture which supports and values ​​its employees' talents.  I am also working with a dynamic, cool and aggressive team that also defines how I am in terms of work values.

In the leisure stage I am in the contemplation stage Ugh, I am currently serving a lot of callings in the church.  Teaching youth, training the missionaries and I have monthly speaking engagements in the adult class teaching cascading deep doctrines and church leader's message.  I am happy with all of those because I know I am doing God's work by touching people's lives, I've heard a lot of testimonies of how people were moved by my speeches, I guess Heavenly Father uses me as an instrument to guide his people but Of course, I'm human and I make mistakes.

For the integration stage, I am in between achievement and gratification.  Still looking for the path I really want to take and making the most of what I earn by hiking or trekking mountains, going for out of town trips and paying for my own expenses, especially for my education.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento